- Monday 11 February 2019
The Board, which was established in June 2016, provides high level advice and direction to council, as it develops a strategic blueprint to grow the region’s investment in the arts.
The successful applicants will fill two positions which became vacant late last year.
After a review of the Board’s Charter, and to meet the vision of the Sunshine Coast Arts Plan 2018-2038, the Board is keen to appoint two industry representatives – skills based (arts/strategic/visionary) – one of whom will identify as an Aboriginal or a Torres Strait Island person.
Both industry representatives are to possess professional experience in the arts sector, preferably on the Sunshine Coast.
The successful applicants will join the 10-member Board as skills-based experts with a visionary and strategic approach to the arts and artistic practice.
The Board’s role is to:
• guide, promote and help build the identity of the Sunshine Coast as an arts destination for tourism and industry
• advocate the region’s advantages to secure new investment in arts and cultural infrastructure
• provide strategic advice to council in relation to arts and cultural facilities and infrastructure
• provide advice on strategic direction of wider cultural policy and strategy
• provide opportunities to develop philanthropic activity in relation to the regional arts offer.
Find out more about this exciting opportunity, download the duty statement and charter and submit an expression of interest.
Expressions of interest close at midnight on February 24, 2019.
Find out more about the Sunshine Coast Arts Advisory Board.