- Tuesday 21 September 2021
Like many of us, swimming pools need to get their summer body ready and spring is the perfect time to do your pool safety check.
So, use this time to spring into action because swimming pool safety is a joint responsibility.
Council can regulate and educate but it’s up to all swimming pool owners to undertake regular checks to ensure their swimming pool barriers are compliant.
Swimming pool owners are reminded that all pools, including spas and some portable pools need to comply with pool safety standards.
The Queensland pool safety standards regulate the height and strength of barriers, non-climbable zones, gate latching requirements and preventing direct access from a building into a pool area.
Pools capable of holding more than 300mm in depth, must comply with the Queensland pool safety standard.
- swimming pools
- portable and inflatable swimming pools.
To ensure your pool is compliant:
- check you have a building approval, and
- get advice from a pool safety inspector about how to ensure your pool complies or
- Contact a pool safety inspector to do a formal inspection with a view to getting a pool safety certificate.