- Wednesday 17 January 2018
The search is on for a local arts sector professional to join the Sunshine Coast Arts Advisory Board and help drive development of arts and culture in the region.
This is an exciting time for arts on the Sunshine Coast and a great time to join the board as it develops the regions first Arts Plan in conjunction with council.
The successful applicant will join the already established board as the expert in artistic practice, complementing existing board members’ expertise in strategic planning, leadership, cultural policy and arts education.
Interested applicants can be practitioners in any art form including, but not limited to, visual arts, sculpture, textiles, dance, performance, writing and screen, or have experience in management or administration in the arts, cultural or creative industries.
The objectives of the Sunshine Coast Arts Advisory Board are to:
- guide, promote and help build the identity of the Sunshine Coast as an arts destination for tourism and industry;
- advocate the region’s advantages to secure new investment in arts and cultural infrastructure;
- provide strategic advice to council in relation to arts and cultural facilities and infrastructure;
- provide advice on strategic direction of wider cultural policy and strategy; and
- provide opportunities to develop philanthropic activity in relation to the regional arts offer.
Expressions of interest for the new board position will close at 5pm on January 30, 2018.
To find out more about this exciting opportunity, including how to apply, www.sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au/Experience-Sunshine-Coast/Arts-and-Culture/Arts-Advisory-Board
Visit council’s website for more information about the Sunshine Coast Arts Advisory Board.