- Thursday 15 February 2018
Feedback from the local community will help Sunshine Coast Council develop a landscape plan for Lake Weyba Foreshore Park.
Lake Weyba is a large shallow lake mostly fringed by natural landscapes. The foreshore currently provides the community with access to the lake for a variety of recreational purposes.
Division 9 Councillor, Steven Robinson, said consultation with local residents and the wider community would be carried out over two phases.
“We’re currently calling on local residents and community members to share their ideas and information on how they currently use and access the lake,” Cr Robinson said.
“Once we’ve received that information, council officers will develop a draft landscape plan, which will be provided to the community for further consultation and comment later this year.”
The landscape plan will inform opportunities for improvements and provide a vision for the future of the foreshore park. The landscape plan aims to:
- enhance the site’s environmental values
- determine the recreation opportunities and constraints of the site
- improve access to open space and the lake, including recreation trails and;
- reflect the community’s vision, priorities and hopes for the future of the foreshore park.