- Thursday 21 August 2014
Make sure you take advantage of Sunshine Coast Council’s discount and pay your rates by Friday, August 22.
Council’s half-yearly rates notices for 2014/15 financial year were sent to all property owners by mail or mail boxes last month.
Deputy Mayor Chris Thompson said council recognised that pensioners, in particular, were doing it tough and had retained the pensioner discount.
“The early bird discount also applies and ratepayers can save 5% on their general rates, up to a maximum of $100 each six months, by paying before the due date,” Cr Thompson said.
Council continues to make it convenient to pay rates with a range of payment options available including online, BPAY, by phone on 131 816, in person at Australia Post or at one of council’s Customer Contact Centres or by mail.
You can also can set up a direct debit to have your rates paid in full by the due date.
You can now register to receive your rates notice by email. Simply go to MyCouncil, visit www.sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au.
To assist with online or over-the-phone payments, property owners will need their payment reference number which can be found on their rates notice.
Ratepayers who cannot make payment by the due date can enter into an arrangement to pay the current rates by instalments by completing an online application on council’s website or phoning council’s customer service centre.
For rates inquiries, email council at email@example.com or phone (07) 5475 7542 between 8.15am and 5pm, Monday to Friday.
For more information about rates notices, visit council’s website.
FACT BOX – HOW TO PAY YOUR RATES
- Online at any time of the day through council’s website, via the Online Payments link on the homepage;
- Via BPAY if registered with your financial institution;
- By phone, from anywhere in Australia using a credit card, on 131 816;
- In person at any branch of Australia Post, with cash, cheque or EFTPOS;
- In person at one of council’s Customer Contact Centres open from 8.30am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday (locations listed on the bottom of your rates notice);
- By mail using cheque or money order to Sunshine Coast, Locked Bag 72, Sunshine Coast Mail Centre 4560.