- Tuesday 20 January 2015
Sunshine Coast property owners are encouraged to pay their rates by February 20, and take advantage of the early bird discount.
Rates notices will start to arrive in letterboxes and email boxes for 130,000 properties this week.
Deputy Mayor Chris Thompson said the mail out was the second rate run of the 2014/15 financial year with rate payments due by Friday, February 20.
“Council recognises that pensioners, in particular, are doing it tough and has retained the pensioner discount,” Cr Thompson said.
“The early bird discount also applies and ratepayers can save 5% on their general rates, up to a maximum of $100 each six months, by paying before the due date.”
Council continues to make it convenient to pay rates with a range of payment options available including online, BPAY, by phone on 131 816, in person at Australia Post or at one of council’s Customer Contact Centres or by mail.
To make it easier for ratepayers you can set up a direct debit to have your rates paid in full by the due date.
You can now register to receive your rates notice by email. Simply go to MyCouncil, visit www.sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au.
To assist with online or over-the-phone payments, property owners will need their payment reference number which can be found on their rates notice.
Ratepayers who cannot make payment by the due date can enter into an arrangement to pay the current rates by instalments by completing an online application on council’s website or phoning council’s customer service centre.
For rates inquiries, email council at email@example.com or phone (07) 5475 7542 between 8.15am and 5pm, Monday to Friday.
For more information about rates notices, visit council’s website.
HOW TO PAY YOUR RATES
- Online at any time of the day through council’s website, via the Online Payments link on the homepage;
- Via BPAY if registered with your financial institution;
- By phone, from anywhere in Australia using a credit card, on 131 816;
- In person at any branch of Australia Post, with cash, cheque or EFTPOS;
- In person at one of council’s Customer Contact Centres open from 8.30am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday (locations listed on the bottom of your rates notice);
- By mail using cheque or money order to Sunshine Coast, Locked Bag 72, Sunshine Coast Mail Centre 4560.