- Monday 26 June 2017
The Sunshine Coast’s The Happy Snack Company is kicking international goals following their investment and relocation to new facilities in Landsborough.
Following their move in 2015 from their original premises in Maleny to the new purpose built $2 million facility, business has increased three fold with an additional 10 staff employed in the business, as well as recently winning The Healthy Food Guide magazine awards for their products.
Managing director of The Happy Snack Company Craig Agnew said the Sunshine Coast’s Landsborough location was the ideal site to grow an international business.
“Our goal is to develop an internationally successful business and brand, and the move to the Landsborough facility has allowed us to grow and connect with international markets,” Mr Agnew said.
“Growth is so strong that we are currently investing in further capacity to meet the increasing demand for our products.
“Sunshine Coast Council provided us with a lot of support during the identification and construction of our Landsborough facility, as well as providing ongoing business support and connection to relevant council events and programs.”
Economic Development and Innovation Portfolio Cr Steve Robinson said the success of The Happy Snack Company highlighted the benefits and growth opportunities of doing business on the Sunshine Coast.
“The Happy Snack Company is just one of the region’s success stories with strong growth being experienced in the food and agribusiness industry over the last several years,” Cr Robinson said.
“The Sunshine Coast is home to more than 900 food and agricultural businesses, with the industry being strengthened by the emerging opportunities and resilience of the region’s processing sector which recorded a 13% value increase in 2016 compared to the previous 12 months.
“The industry is one of the seven high-value industries identified in our Regional Economic Development Strategy (REDS) and is valued at $670 million.
“It’s important to council to continue to support and assist our local businesses to achieve success, both locally, nationally and internationally and our Economic Development branch work closely with these businesses to maximise their potential for success.”
The Happy Snack Company produces roasted chick pea and broad bean snack products which are sold in the health food section of leading Australian and New Zealand retailers.
Last year their products won the Healthy Food Magazine 2016 Best Allergy-Friendly Snack and Best Packaged Kid’s Lunchbox Awards.
For more information about The Happy Snack Company visit www.happysnackcompany.com.au.
Or to get in touch with Sunshine Coast Council’s Economic Development branch visit www.invest.sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au or call 0407 753 645.
The Happy Snack Company is one of a number of successful and award-winning local food processing companies located in the Sunshine Coast region. Other companies include:
- Gourmet Garden: Produces a range of dried herbs and spices, stir-in paste and seasoning products; international packaging award winner; one of the most visible Australian food brands in the world.
- COYO: Leader in organic coconut yoghurt and ice cream products; won the Best Organic Product 2017 at the Naturally Good Awards in Sydney.
- The Country Chef Bakery Co: Create some of Australia's favourite desserts such as pavlovas and banana breads; sells more than 20 million slices of banana bread each year.
- Buderim Ginger: Australian icon and global leader in the production and marketing of confectionery ginger products; won Product of the Year 2016 in the Beverage Category for their new ginger beer & pear drink.
- Walker Seafoods: Tuna company that operates on the entire east coast of Australia; their yellowfin yuna is the only MSC certified yellowfin tuna in the world.