- Tuesday 29 April 2008
Connect, create and recreate : outdoor activities for young and old.
14 April to 30 June 2008 (Cooroy, Noosaville, Noosa National Park, Peregian Beach, Pomona)
Building on the success of its Get Active in Noosa program, Council’s Community and Development Unit (Tewantin) has created Park It!
This invigorating program continues the Get Active tradition by providing opportunities for our local communities to connect and participate in recreational activities, but adds a new creative element to the program.
Located in the beautiful parks and outdoor areas throughout the Noosa coast and hinterland, the Park It program is open to people of all ages, experience or fitness levels.
The program’s activities include:
- Tai Chi – core strengthening and stress relieving at Noosaville, Cooroy, Pomona
- Fitness circuits – complete self-paced cardio workout at Noosaville twice per week
- Yoga – reduce your stress at Peregian
- Power Walking – a group walk through Noosa National Park or the boardwalk to Main Beach
- River Fishing Clinic – get tips, gain local knowledge, improve your technique at Munna Pt
- Jedda’s Jewels – make your own creations out of nature’s trinkets and treasures aimed at pre-schoolers and their carers in Cooroy
- Music and Movement – improve motor skills for babes and toddlers whilst carers get fit – a great way to have fun together – based in Peregian
- Sing to the Sea - a unique and expressive activity for reducing tension and increasing lung capacity held at tranquil Dolphin Point.
Some activities have limited spaces so book now to make sure you get a spot.
Activities cost between $2 and $5 per session and are all self-paced or low impact. Everyone is welcome to attend. Remember, be sun safe and bring a hat, sunscreen and water to all activities.
To find out more about the Park It program, contact the Community Development Unit, Tewantin Office on 5449 5100.