- Monday 02 November 2015
Sunshine Coast Council is reviewing its local laws during November and the community is invited to get involved.
Community Programs Portfolio Councillor Jenny McKay said local laws helped to govern the diverse communities of the Sunshine Coast region.
“Our local laws reflect community needs to ensure safety, harmony and good rule. They govern such things as parking, keeping animals, approvals for activities, bathing reserves and dog off-leash areas,” Cr McKay said.
“Regular review of the local laws provides an opportunity to look at the issues and impacts and propose any suitable amendments.
“The proposed amendments relate to three local laws and four subordinate local laws and introduce definitions, propose updates and suggest changes to help make the local laws clearer and better detail the intent.
“During November, there is an opportunity for everyone to review the proposed local law and subordinate local law changes and let council know their views.
“Council will review all submissions before making a decision on the proposed changes.
“Any changes to local laws and subordinate local laws must be made at an Ordinary Meeting of council. The proposed amendments are expected to be presented at council’s Ordinary Meeting in January 2016.”
Proposed amendments relate to:
- Local Law No.1 (Administration) 2011
- Local Law No.2 (Animal Management) 2011
- Local Law No.3 (Community Health and Environmental Management) 2011
- Subordinate Local Law No.1 (Administration) 2011
- Subordinate Local Law No.2 (Animal Management) 2011
- Subordinate Local Law No.4 (Local Government Controlled Areas, Facilities, Infrastructure and Roads) 2011
- Subordinate Local Law No.5 (Parking) 2011
Community members wishing to comment on the proposed amendments to the local laws have until close of business on November 30, 2015 to prepare and send a submission to council.
Submissions may be lodged via:
- Completing the online submission form
- Downloading the submission form, completing and sending to:
Sunshine Coast Council
Locked Bag 72
SCMC Qld 4560
- Or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org