- Tuesday 19 February 2019
There are just six days left to submit your expression of interest to join the Sunshine Coast Arts Advisory Board.
In 2018, Sunshine Coast Council endorsed its first ever 20-year arts plan and there are currently two opportunities for practicing arts sector professionals to join the Board to help drive arts and culture in the region.
After a review of the Board’s Charter, and to meet the vision of the Sunshine Coast Arts Plan 2018-2038, the Board is recruiting for two industry representatives – skills based (arts/strategic/visionary) – one of whom will identify as an Aboriginal or a Torres Strait Island person.
Both industry representatives are to possess professional experience in the arts sector, preferably on the Sunshine Coast.
The successful applicants will join the 10-member Board as skills-based experts with a visionary and strategic approach to the arts and artistic practice.
The Board’s role is to:
- guide, promote and help build the identity of the Sunshine Coast as an arts destination for tourism and industry
- advocate the region’s advantages to secure new investment in arts and cultural infrastructure
- provide strategic advice to council in relation to arts and cultural facilities and infrastructure
- provide advice on strategic direction of wider cultural policy and strategy
- provide opportunities to develop philanthropic activity in relation to the regional arts offer.
Download the duty statement and charter and submit an expression of interest.
Expressions of interest close at midnight on February 24, 2019.
Find out more about the Sunshine Coast Arts Advisory Board.