- Thursday 07 April 2016
The new Sunshine Coast Arts Advisory Board, which will be endorsed by the Sunshine Coast Council, will provide advice and direction for the council to consider as it develops a strategic blueprint to grow the region’s investment in the arts.
The objectives of the Sunshine Coast Arts Advisory Board are to:
- guide, promote and help build the identity of the Sunshine Coast as an arts destination for tourism and industry;
- advocate the region’s advantages to secure new investment in arts and cultural infrastructure;
- provide strategic advice to council in relation to arts and cultural facilities and infrastructure;
- provide advice on strategic direction of wider cultural policy and strategy; and
- provide opportunities to develop philanthropic activity in relation to the regional arts offer.
The board's establishment comes at an exciting time for the Sunshine Coast which is developing a strong reputation as a major events and sporting destination.
The Coast has commenced the construction of Australia’s only greenfield CBD development at Maroochydore, is home to a $5 billion public and private investment in the Kawana Health Precinct, is experiencing unprecedented economic growth with new developments in Caloundra for 50,000 residents and Palmview for 17,000 residents and is home to the University of the Sunshine Coast which is ranked among Australia’s top universities.
There is a lot on offer and the region’s vision for the arts is a vital component of our growth and maturity.
Expressions of interest close at 5pm on Friday, April 22 with the board to be established by July 2016.
For information about the role of board member and how to apply, contact Lucy Buzacott, Research and Project Coordinator, Positive Solutions on (07) 3891 3872 or email@example.com.
More information can be found at www.positive-solutions.com.au.