- Thursday 15 June 2017
A $1.75 million replacement of the Petrie Park Road Bridge, a $775,000 commitment to streetscape improvements in Yandina and further significant upgrades to the Nambour Showgrounds, Dulong Road car park and Dick Caplick Park in Eumundi are among the Sunshine Coast Council 2017/18 budget highlights for Division 10.
Divisional councillor Greg Rogerson said council’s $722 million 2017/18 budget included a mix of projects to help deliver a positive future and build Australia’s healthy, smart, creative region.
“The Petrie Park Road Bridge at Nambour has reached the end of its serviceable life and this old timber bridge will be replaced with a $1.75 million concrete structure,” Cr Rogerson said.
“I’m also excited to see a $775,000 commitment of capital works funds towards much needed streetscape improvements in Farrell Street and Stephens Street in Yandina.
“Important reconstruction works will also be carried out on approximately 300m of Dulong Road, around the Dulong lookout, including realigning the road to allow for parking bays, lowering the road to improve vehicle sight lines and traffic lane deviation to reduce speed and improve safety around the car parking area.
“The second stage of upgrades in Dick Caplick Park, Eumundi will be carried out along with improvements to Nambour Petrie Creek Parklands and Quota Park, Nambour.
“Public amenities in Cilento Park and Koala Park at Nambour will also be renewed and $584,000 will be spent to improve car parking, drainage and the ring road within the Nambour Showgrounds as part of the master plan.”
Division 10 highlights for the 2017/18 budget include:
- $1.75 million to replace the timber Petrie Park Road Bridge, Nambour
- $836,000 towards the Nambour Heritage Tramway Project
- $775,000 to streetscape Farrell Street and Stephens Street, Yandina
- $584,000 for car park, drainage and road improvements in Nambour Showgrounds
- $277,000 to upgrade the car park at Dulong Road, Woombye
- $200,000 for Stage two upgrades to Dick Caplick Park, Eumundi
- $170,000 to renew the public amenities in Cilento Park, Nambour
- $170,000 to rehabilitate the public amenities in Koala Park, Nambour
- $150,000 to remove and relocate the Petrie Creek Parklands pathway, Nambour
- $140,000 to upgrade Kiamba Road, Nambour.