- Wednesday 25 November 2020
Council injects over $57k in major grants to our Division 6 community
A hive of activity to help community groups on the Sunshine Coast will soon be underway after council endorsed recipients of its latest major grants program.
A wide range of organisations across our region will share in the total $823,200 grant program, with Division 6 community groups collecting just over $57,000.
The latest major grants round had a strong focus on community facilities (infrastructure) projects due to the temporary suspension of usual co-funding requirements.
This round has supported 35 infrastructure projects that are shovel-ready right now, which is excellent news for both the community groups who help make our region thrive and also the local businesses they will utilise to deliver their projects.
Congratulations to all of the Division 6 community groups who will benefit from the latest round of council’s major grants.
Some of the lucky local recipients include;
- The Sunshine Coast Art Group Incorporated, who will be using the grant to assist with refurbishing the facility and installing solar power.
- Suncoast Gem and Fossicking Club’s grant will ensure that the existing toilet facility provides suitable access for people with disabilities.
- Chancellor Park Soccer Club will welcome a new canteen, and
- Headland Buderim Croquet Club will benefit from removing and replacing a new storage shed.
To view the full list of 102 grants awarded throughout the region, please visit council’s website www.sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au for all the details.