- Wednesday 13 August 2014
Sunshine Coast Council is hosting a range of free and low-cost workshops and forums for 2014 Queensland Small Business Week, and if you’re a small business owner – or thinking about starting a business – this is a perfect time to sign up.
Economic Development portfolio councillor Stephen Robinson said Small Business Week, on September 1-6, aims to to help people start, grow and succeed in business.
“There are more than 35,000 small businesses registered on the Sunshine Coast and that means they are a major employment demographic for our region – supporting local business is an essential to building a sustainable economy,” Cr Robinson said.
“These free and low-cost events will help business owners with a range of skills – including developing business goals and business management systems – and will provide valuable networking opportunities.
“Council also holds other business events throughout the year – topics include learning new technologies and understanding government tendering processes.”
The State Government and Caloundra Chamber of Commerce are also hosting events for 2014 Small Business Week.
• ‘Demystifying Business Management Systems’ workshop – September 2
• Sunshine Coast Industry Network Forum – September 2
• ‘Up and Running’ workshops (developing your small business goals) – September 4
• Caloundra Chamber of Commerce Better Business Breakfast – September 4
• ‘Doing Business with Council’ workshop (tendering for council and other levels of government) – September 5
Visit council’s website for more information and to book your spot.