- Thursday 24 February 2011
Sunshine Coast Council reminds ratepayers to take advantage of the extended rate discount by paying their rates on or before this Friday 25 February 2011.
Due to flooding, rates notices were received a week later than anticipated and consequently council extended the due date for the prompt payment discount to Friday 25 February.
Council continues to make it as convenient as possible for residents to pay their rates:
- Ratepayers can pay online by visiting Council’s website, or via BPay with participating financial institutions.
- Those who do not have access to the Internet still have the convenience of paying by credit card over the phone via 131 816 from anywhere in Australia.
- In addition, customers can pay in person at any branch of Australia Post, by cash, cheque or from a nominated savings account.
- Alternatively, payment can be made at one of Council’s Customer Service Centres from 8.30am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday.
- Post a cheque or money order to Sunshine Coast Regional Council, Locked Bag 72, SCMC 4560.
To assist with your online or over-the-phone payments please have your biller reference number from your rate notice handy.
Ratepayers who cannot make payment by the extended due date are encouraged to contact council to discuss available options, including entering into an arrangement to pay by instalments. As long as you meet the conditions of the arrangement, council will not charge any interest on the current half-year’s rates.
For rates enquiries, you can email Council via firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (07) 5475 7542 between 8.15am and 5pm, Monday to Friday.
For more information about your rate notice, visit Council’s website.