- Wednesday 17 December 2014
Sunshine Coast Council has endorsed more than $415,000 in community grants to support a range of exciting projects which will benefit communities across the region including a number set to take place within Division one.
Division 6 Councillor Christian Dickson said he was pleased Council was able to assist such a diversity of local community groups in the latest funding round.
“From a youth literature festival to solar power, seven groups from Division 6 will receive more than $11,000 from Council’s Community Grants Program,” Cr Dickson said.
“I know that these funds are very much appreciated by our community groups and will make a big difference in our local area.”
A snapshot of other exciting projects awarded funding in Division 6 include:
• Voices on the Coast - $5,000 for their 20th annual youth literature festival
• Rotary Club of Caloundra - $5,000 Rotary youth driver awareness program
• Fusion Australia Ltd - $3,500 for Alcoringa Centre solar power system
• Buderim War Memorial Community Associaion - $2,500 for Buderim community carols
• Buderim Craft Cottage Association - $3,000 for returfing of outdoor community space
Council’s community grants support local communities across seven categories with the inclusion of a new Community Facilities category – this round of funding includes:
• $93,292 for community development
• $154,744 for community facilities
• $63,465 for cultural development
• $11,109 for cultural heritage
• $17,500 for economic development
• $14,650 for festive season activities
• $60,547 for sport, recreation and healthy living.
Projects funded this round from Council’s major grants are expected to generate up to $3 million in community benefit, involving hundereds of dedicated volunteers.
The next major grant round will open on February 1 and close on March 16, 2015. Applicants can apply for projects up to $30,000. Council officers can assist with the application process, technical queries, project development, grant writing tips and advice on other funding sources outside Council.
For details on the range of council funding programs and other handy information on grant writing tips and funding opportunities visit Council’s website.