- Tuesday 12 July 2016
Here’s 10 reasons why we couldn’t be without them.
- We have 550 of the happiest people on the Sunshine Coast. Each year, the CMF needs 500 plus volunteers to make the event a success. We couldn’t do it without them but we make sure they are well looked after too.
- Our volunteer team has grown from a tiny group of 50 in 2007 to become the massive team it is today. This is a great show of community spirit and pride and represents what makes the Sunshine Coast so special.
- Volunteers complete on average 16 hours of work resulting in over 9,000 hours from the start of September through to the event. All volunteers receive a season pass to enjoy the festival in their down time and we shower them, with lots of other rewards throughout their shifts, least of all an abundance of warm and fuzzy feelings of appreciation!
- Our volunteer team is extremely diverse. Volunteers as young as 15 able to sign up and our eldest volunteer in 2015 was 72 years young.
- Over the past nine years we have had volunteers from all over the world, with backpackers, exchange students and many others coming from countries such as Japan, Germany, Italy, England and America.
- Volunteering at CMF has been a stepping stone for many people in their event careers. We nurture a number of interns each year in the head office team, as well as filling more challenging roles with people studying in the field. We get such an amazing array of talent each year and as a result many of our staff and area coordinators started as volunteers before being promoted up the ranks.
- It takes a community to make CMF come to life, with nearly every role across the event filled by volunteers. There are nearly 40 amazing, diverse and interesting roles available to choose from. For instance, volunteers in the famous ‘Green Room’ get to rub shoulders with the headline acts and understand what makes these amazing artists tick.
- Many of our volunteers come back year after year, with a small number of our original volunteers from 2007 returning again in 2016 for their 10th year. A great example is the Bell family who will be back again this year to run ‘Bell’s Diner’, our volunteers chill out area.
- Our volunteers are the backbone of CMF. They are hardworking, dedicated, creative, self-motivated, have a great sense of humour, confident, fun, outgoing, reliable, organised, and most importantly love great music! Without our team of hard working volunteers, the Caloundra Music Festival experience wouldn’t be as awesome as it is.
- Each year we have a different volunteer t-shirt, which helps our volunteers stand out from the crowd. This year the shirt is purple, so be sure to stop and say hello to any of our fabulous volunteers!
The call for volunteers close on July 31, 2016.
To register your interest go to www.caloundramusicfestival.com.au
The festival is a major contributor to endorphin release. Many songs feature the lyrics ‘music makes you move your soul’ and many scientific studies confirm that performing music releases endorphins. Come join our volunteers and get set to release some serious endorphins!