- Thursday 24 June 2021
More than $8 million will be injected into exciting projects in Division 10 including vibrant new placemaking to Eumundi Town Centre, a new-look Quota Park, Nambour, and extension and renovations to the family friendly Nambour Showgrounds thanks to Sunshine Coast Council’s 2021/22 Budget.
Divisional councillor David Law said council’s $816 million budget delivered for all residents to continue building a strong and thriving community and create a safer, secure future across the region.
“There’s a diverse and valuable mix of projects for our community to enjoy that will secure our region’s future,” Cr Law said.
“I’m pleased to see $700,000 allocated to Eumundi’s Town Centre placemaking, which will benefit residents and visitors to the popular area.
“Quota Park, in the heart of Nambour, will receive $1.1 million as part of the Petrie Creek Parklands Open Space Master Plan, which is designed to create a continuous linear park network to encompass existing individual parklands and open space areas.
“Nambour Showgrounds will receive a facelift, with $1.135m going towards the grandstand roof renewal, equestrian pavilion roof replacement, upgrade of surface of equestrian arena and drainage, which will benefit so many locals and events utilising the space.
“Nambour Aquatic Centre’s upgrade continues to thrive, with more than $1 million of council funds directed towards amenities refurbishment, pool shelter and infrastructure renewal.
“I’m also pleased to see safety a priority, with $300,000 allocated to completing the Arundell Ave and Mill Lane, Nambour upgrade.”
Cr Law said a hive of small-scale but very important projects would also be activated in the next financial year, including installing a pedestrian fence at Low Street, Yandina, Kenilworth Town Park barbecue, shelter and playground renewal, and the Eumundi Basketball Court renewal.
Council handed down its $816 million budget on 24 June.
Visit www.sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au/budget for more information on Sunshine Coast Council’s 2021/22 Budget.
Capital works highlights for Division 10:
- $1.105 million to construct the Nambour Petrie Creek Parklands Quota Park extension
- $700,000 to Eumundi Town Centre Placemaking
- $1.135 million towards an upgrade at Nambour Showgrounds including the grandstand roof renewal, equestrian pavilion roof replacement and upgrade of surface of equestrian arena, drainage
- $500,000 to the feasibility, planning and design of the Nambour Administration Precinct
- $1.01 million towards the Nambour Aquatic Centre upgrade
- $300,000 to Nambour CBD Activation including streetscape improvement projects in Nambour such as the Terminus Tram involving community engagement, concept development, construction documentation and delivery of streetscape upgrades to Currie Street, Howard Street, Mill Street and the arrival experience from the train station at Civic Way at Nambour.
- $300,000 to complete the upgrade at Arundell Av and Mill Lane, Nambour
- $1.04 million for capital works including the Ninderry Rd footbridge conversion, developing Kulangoor Cemetery site and establishing an entrance feature and signage for Eumundi Cemetery.
- $730,000 to renew facilitates including Belli Park Playground, Kenilworth Town Park fence, the Eumundi basketball court at Dick Caplick Park and to renew the barbecue at Burnside Park as well as the play structure at Quota Park at Nambour