- Thursday 21 June 2018
A $1.6 million upgrade to Image Flat Road bridge in Nambour, a $1.22 million commitment to progress the Nambour Heritage Tramway Project and significant upgrades to the North Street car park in Yandina are among the Sunshine Coast Council 2018/19 budget highlights for Division 10.
Divisional councillor Greg Rogerson said council’s $864 million 2018/19 budget included a mix of valuable projects to help deliver a positive future and create a healthy, smart, creative Sunshine Coast.
“The Image Flat Road Bridge No.4 is set to undergo significant works to improve the road alignment and improve safety and visibility, particularly for the high number of heavy vehicles that frequently utilise this bridge,” Cr Rogerson said.
“Construction work will begin in July on the western terminal for the Nambour Heritage Tramway Project.
“This will also serve as a much-needed visitor information centre for Nambour and neighbouring hinterland communities.
“Draft specifications for the heritage tram are also being examined in readiness for going to tender.”
The North Street car park upgrade will formalise the gravel car park to a kerbed, drained, sealed and line marked standard.
An extension to the car park on Hospital Rd, Nambour will also be carried out.
The Arundell Avenue-Carter Road roundabout will be upgraded to a three-leg roundabout to improve its traffic capacity and the new “designer dunny” toilet block at Isaac Moore Park in Kenilworth will be constructed, creating a real point of difference and a tourist drawcard in the town.
“I’m also excited to see detailed designs will be finalised for a new pedestrian link in Doolan St to Florence St at Nambour and planning and design will be carried out to explore options for new structures and equipment in the Quota Park Playground,” Cr Rogerson said.
Division 10 highlights for the 2018/19 budget include:
- $1.6 million for Image Flat Road Bridge No. 4 renewal and realignments, Nambour
- $1.22 million to construct a new western terminal for Nambour Heritage Tramway Project
- $810,000 for North St car park upgrades, Yandina
- $560,000 for Hospital Rd car park extensions, Nambour
- $466,000 to construct a “designer dunny” toilet block at Isaac Moore Park, Kenilworth
- $440,000 for Arundell Ave-Carter Rd roundabout upgrade, Nambour
- $300,000 for detailed design of pedestrian access in Doolan St to Florence St, Nambour
- $5000 for Quota Memorial Park barbecue and shelter renewal, Nambour
- $3000 to replace a barbecue in Lilyponds Park, Mapleton