- Thursday 21 June 2018
There are plenty of opportunities to enjoy an outdoor lifestyle in Division 9 and Sunshine Coast Council’s 2018/19 budget will deliver even more.
Division 9 Councillor Steve Robinson said the projects planned for his division over the next 12 months would help to achieve a healthy, smart, creative region.
“Whether you’re swimming or walking, spending time at parks and playgrounds with the family, hoping to attend outdoor events or just relaxing outdoors, we will be making plenty of improvements in Division 9 to provide more options,” Cr Robinson said.
“There are several large upgrades planned for the Coolum Aquatic Centre, new multi-purpose courts at Peregian Springs and a new camp kitchen at Coolum Beach Holiday Park.
“Perhaps one of the most significant projects is the latest stage of work at Jack Morgan Park, which will see improvements to the park itself and the car park to create a fantastic civic heart for Coolum.
“While a lot is going on at Jack Morgan Park over the next few years, we are also doing preliminary work for Lions and Norrie Jobs Park and making improvements to Point Perry to provide a range of great parks upgrades.
“In Bli Bli, we will start work on a streetscape upgrade to enhance the town centre at David Low Way and upgrade the popular Philbrook Park.
“To help cater for the region’s continuing growth, we will expand Nambour Landfill and refurbish the Nambour Resource Recovery Centre to create a state-of-the-art, modern refurbishment facility.”
Division 9 highlights for the 2018/19 budget include:
- $7.35 million to improve and expand the Nambour Landfill and Resource Recovery Centre
- $1.36 million for the streetscape upgrade at Bli Bli
- $490,000 to revitalise Jack Morgan Park, Coolum, including car parking improvements
- $360,000 for further upgrades to Coolum Aquatic Centre
- $220,000 for a new camp kitchen at Coolum Beach Holiday Park
- $200,000 to upgrade gravel sections of North Arm-Yandina Creek Road and Zgrajewski Rd, Yandina Creek
- $100,000 to replace the roof of the Coolum Childcare Centre
- $100,000 to implement the concept plan Point Perry, Coolum
- $80,000 to upgrade Philbrook Park, Bli Bli
- $75,000 for new multi-purpose courts in Peregian Springs