- Thursday 21 June 2018
A $700,000 commitment to improvements at Cotton Tree Holiday Park, a $400,000 upgrade to the North Shore Multi Sports Complex and $365,000 towards the First Avenue Streetscape project at Maroochydore are among the Sunshine Coast Council 2018/19 budget highlights for Division 8.
Divisional Councillor Jason O’Pray said council’s $864 million 2018/19 budget included a mix of valuable projects to help deliver a positive future and create a healthy, smart, creative Sunshine Coast.
“The Cotton Tree Holiday Park is an immensely popular place for visitors to our region and locals and the replacement of the old amenity block with a new and improved facility will further enhance the experience for visitors,” Cr O’Pray said.
“Around $636,000 has been allocated towards stormwater drainage upgrades and improvements on School Rd, Maroochydore and a $300,000 allocation will go towards the replacement of coastal structures around the Maroochy River mouth groyne and revetment walls.
“The North Shore Multi-Sport Complex is under increased demand from a growing number of sports, teams and events so the construction of a formalised eastern car park is a much-needed addition that will certainly be welcomed and well used.
“I’m really excited about the First Avenue Streetscape and the budget allocation for 2018/19 will enable detailed design to be carried out on a project that is going to be a huge benefit for local businesses as well as commuters and pedestrians accessing this very busy area.
“The Duporth Avenue Streetscape will create a more inviting look and feel through new street tree plantings and more clearly defined pedestrian and road areas.
“The Bradman Avenue seawall renewal will continue as part of a five-year project to protect against erosion and flood mitigation.”
Division 8 highlights for the 2018/19 budget include:
- $700,000 to replace amenity block No.4 at Cotton Tree Holiday Park
- $636,000 to upgrade stormwater drainage facilities on School Rd, Maroochydore
- $400,000 to construct a new eastern car park at North Shore Multi-Sport Facility, Mudjimba
- $365,000 for the Streetscape Project at First Ave, Maroochydore
- $350,000 for the Seawall renewal at Bradman Ave, Maroochydore
- $325,000 for headstock repair and replacement at Chambers Island bridge, Maroochydore
- $300,000 for groyne and revetment wall replacements at the Maroochy River Mouth, Cotton Tree
- $300,000 to replace the 25m pool filtration system at Cotton Tree Aquatic Centre
- $250,000 to streetscape Duporth Ave, Maroochydore