- Thursday 21 June 2018
Residents and visitors who love to use the parks in Division 4 have received plenty of good news in Sunshine Coast Council’s $864 million budget for 2018/19 delivered today (June 21).
There is $258,000 allocated for recreation park and landscape amenity projects in the division, including $65,000 to renew the park shelter and BBQ facilities in Alan Walker Park and $60,000 for shelter renewal at Coopers Lookout in Buddina.
Division 4 Councillor John Connolly said $30,000 would be spent to renew seating in Nelson Park, Alexandra Headland, and $20,000 to renew showers at the Alex Bluff Foreshore Park.
“I was pleased to contribute divisional funding to construct a viewing deck at Alexandra Headland,” Cr Connolly said.
“The suspended deck will go above the existing stormwater pipes in front of Alex Surf Club and will provide another popular viewing point.
“This is a project I am very passionate about and one I am proud to deliver for Division 4.”
Council will also continue work on the 5m-wide pedestrian and bicycle bridge over Mayes Canal at Mooloolaba.
“The bridge will connect two complete stages of the region’s flagship separated bikeway and the Coastal Pathway, making it easier and safer to ride, run or walk into Mooloolaba,” Cr Connolly said.
“It will also remove the need for pedestrians and bike riders to travel over the nearby traffic bridge on Brisbane Road.
“Both projects are making access to Mooloolaba easier for everyone as the Sunshine Coast continues to grow.”
Division 4 highlights for the 2018/19 budget include:
- $6.7 million to design and construct the Maroochydore City Centre Waste Disposal Collection Station
- $3.2 million to construct the Minyama to Mooloolaba Stage 5 bridge over Mayes Canal, Mooloolaba
- $2.4 million to supply and install of future underground pipe infrastructure,Maroochydore City Centre
- $2 million for the detailed design of the Mooloolaba Spit Boardwalk, Mooloolaba
- $1.1 million for flood mitigation at Careela St, Mooloolaba
- $850,000 for the placemaking master plan for Mooloolaba
- $260,000 for a revetment wall renewal at River Esplanade, Mooloolaba
- $182,000 for Bungama St and Maroubra St Cycleway, Maroochydore