- Saturday 07 November 2009
Can’t change that flat tyre? Need to adjust the brakes or gears? Looking for some tips on how to best look after your bike?
The Sunshine Coast Regional Council, with support of local bicycle retailers and service providers, is this month holding free bike maintenance workshops across the Coast.
The workshops, which will give participants a general understanding of basic bike maintenance, are scheduled as follows:
- Caloundra: Thursday November 12, 5.30pm to 7.30pm at the Get Biking Bike Shop, Bowman Road, Caloundra
- Tewantin : Saturday November 14, 2.30pm to 4.30pm at Cognition Bike Shop, Noosa Outlook Shopping Centre, St Andrews Drive, Tewantin
- Noosaville: Thursday November 19, 5.30pm to 7.30pm at Venture Cycles Bike Shop, 2 Venture Drive, Noosaville
- Kawana: Thursday November 26, 5.30 to 7.30pm at Lake Kawana Community Centre, Sportsmans Parade, Bokarina.
The workshops are free and will include light snacks and refreshments. A TravelSmart gift pack will also be presented to participants.
Places are limited and will fill quickly, so early bookings are advised. You can register via email: firstname.lastname@example.org – or phone 5449 5200 and ask to speak with TravelSmart.
The Sunshine Coast Regional Council would like to acknowledge the support of the Cognition, Get Biking and Venture Cycles bike shops as well as Bike on Australia bike hire and tours.
Council’s TravelSmart Sunshine Coast is a voluntary behaviour change program aimed at encouraging people to use alternative and sustainable transport modes such as walking, cycling, carpooling and public transport.
The Queensland Government provided $50,000 to council’s TravelSmart program to get more Queenslanders discovering the lifelong benefits of participating in physical activity and improving eating habits.