- Thursday 16 July 2009
A $1.48 million upgrade of the Beerwah Sportsground will be completed this financial year.
Council allocated project funding last financial year of $785,000 and an additional $692,500 will help complete the upgrade in the coming 2009/10 financial year.
Division 1 Councillor Anna Grosskreutz said the upgrade was appropriate for Beerwah – the regional activity centre for the hinterland.
“I’m really excited about this upgrade because we have waited a long time,” she said.
“A team of council staff have been working hard to develop the plans and prioritise significant funding.
“As a local, I know how well used the sportsground is and these improvements will make it an even better community hub.”
Projects to be implemented this year are:
- Rebuilding of the dressing rooms to include four new large change rooms with showers and toilets, and increased storage areas for the clubs
- New disabled accessible toilet facilities incorporated into the new dressing rooms facility
- Upgrade to existing toilet facility
- New access road into the sportsground
- New sportsground signage and branding
- New car park and bus drop off facility to the swimming pool
- Minor maintenance works to Beerwah Aquatic Centre including recoating of the 25m pool
- Feasibility study and preliminary design costs for the proposed 50m pool