- Wednesday 13 June 2018
A wide range of infrastructure projects meant there was something for everyone in the Division 9 community as part of Sunshine Coast Council’s 2017/18 budget.
Division 9 Councillor Steve Robinson said he was proud to have delivered a diverse list of projects across his division.
“This financial year we delivered a little bit of something for everyone across all areas, with a focus on community service infrastructure,” Cr Robinson said.
“These projects allow us to provide a high standard of community services and really make a positive difference to our residents – all critical infrastructure for improving the lifestyle and liveability of our community.
“Two of the largest upgrade projects were the Coolum Library redevelopment and the Doonan Bridge Road construction.
“The Coolum Library expansion provided a more modern space and new library services and was delivered with funding support from the Queensland Government, while the Doonan Bridge Road upgrade put an end to the dusty bumpy trips home for many residents at last, replacing it with a smooth sealed surface that’s safer and easier on motorists and their cars.
“We also improved the Coolum Skate Park and provided more direct, much safer beach access at four locations in Coolum and Point Arkwright.
“Bli Bli’s popular Muller Park received several upgrades with a new story seat, shade sails over the playground, electricity connection, two upgraded shelters and a new Indigenous games trail.
“There has also been continued investment in the Nambour Resource Recovery Centre to help cater for the region’s growth, with further plans for the 2018/19 year.”
Sunshine Coast Council will deliver its 2018/19 budget on June 21.
Division 9 budget highlights for 2017/2018 include:
- $4.2 million to upgrade Doonan Bridge Road, Doonan
- $1.6 million to complete the Coolum Library, expansion
- $335,000 to renew beach accesses, Coolum Beach, Yaroomba and Point Arkwright
- $284,000 to install a ducted air conditioning system at Coolum Civic Centre
- $110,000 for playground shade, equipment and shelter upgrades at Muller Park, Bli Bli
- $95,000 to install a hydrant pump at The Ridges Clubhouse, Peregian Springs
- $75,500 to renew play equipment in Bli Bli
- $40,300 to improve Coolum Beach Skate Park
- $36,500 to replace water mains at Coolum Beach Holiday Park
- $38,000 for a playground at Meadowlands Park, Yaroomba
- $32,500 for heat pumps and heat covers at Coolum Aquatic Centre