- Tuesday 12 June 2018
A $2.1 million revitalisation of Pacific Paradise’s commercial and cultural precinct, a $639,100 extension to the highly popular Mudjimba Holiday Park and $1.6 million of important road reseals and rehabilitation works are among the many exciting and valuable projects delivered in Division 8 as part of Sunshine Coast Council’s budget in the past year.
Division 8 Councillor Jason O’Pray said the 2017/18 budget included a mix of projects to help build a healthy, smart, creative Sunshine Coast.
“I’m really excited to see such a significant change in Pacific Paradise with the works on Timari St and I know the business community and residents are too,” Cr OPray said.
“Mudjimba Holiday Park is a genuine drawcard for visitors to our region and the construction of a new amenities block is a fantastic addition which has really added value to what is a much-loved facility.”
Other important additions in Division 8 this financial year include renewals to revetment walls at Picnic Point and Bradman Avenue, Maroochydore, more than $500,000 in upgrades and additions in local parks and playgrounds and more than $1.5 million towards making roads safer for motorists and pedestrians through council’s reseal and rehabilitation program.
“We also completed a successful road widening project on an important transport corridor on Maud St in Maroochydore and repair and replacement works were carried out at the Chambers Island Bridge,” Cr O’Pray said.
“Stormwater management is a key consideration within Division 8 and we’ve carried out significant upgrades to drainage facilities on First Ave and Aerodrome Rd at Maroochydore.”
Sunshine Coast Council will deliver its 2018/19 budget on June 21.
Division 8 highlights for 2017/18 included:
- $2.1 million for the streetscape upgrade at Timari Street, Pacific Paradise
- $1.6 million for road reseals and rehabilitation across Division 8
- $639,100 for new amenities block at the Mudjimba Holiday Park
- $400,000 to renew the revetment wall at Picnic Point, Maroochydore
- $335,000 for headstock remediation works at Chambers Island Bridge, Maroochydore
- $229,600 for stormwater drainage renewals on First Ave, Maroochydore
- $196,400 for the streetscape project at First Ave, Maroochydore
- $153,800 for upgrades to Felix Parry Park, Marcoola
- $124,000 for shelter replacements in Power Memorial Park, Mudjimba