- Wednesday 13 June 2018
A $2.1 million replacement of the Petrie Park road bridge, a $784,600 construction of safer parking facilities at the Dulong Rd Lookout and a $490,500 renewal of the Nambour Showgrounds road network are just some of the projects delivered in Division 10 over the past 12 months.
Division 10 Councillor Greg Rogerson said the 2017/18 budget allocation included an exciting and valuable mix of projects which had helped shape a healthy, smart and creative future for the region.
“Council invested in a diverse range of projects during the 2017/18 financial year, all of which will deliver real benefits to residents and visitors in Division 10,” Cr Rogerson said.
“The timber bridge on Petrie Park Rd, Nambour had reached the end of its serviceable life and was replaced by a new wider concrete structure, providing two lanes for vehicle traffic and a dedicated pedestrian pathway across Petrie Creek.
“The much-loved Dulong Lookout is now much safer and easier to access after six new formalised car parks were installed, with parking also relocated to the same side of the road as the lookout, which has eradicated the need for people to cross this busy road to access the lookout. The existing road was also lowered to improve vehicle visibility around the new car park.
“The new design has greatly enhanced the safety aspect and visual amenity in a lookout I believe to be the best on the Sunshine Coast.”
Cr Rogerson said the Nambour Showgrounds Ring Road Upgrade had increased parking capacity and improved stormwater drainage.
“Landscaping and road widening has also brightened up the showgrounds and improved safety,” Cr Rogerson said.
“It was also terrific to see a detailed design completed for the proposed Nambour Showgrounds Multi purpose/use facility.”
Cr Rogerson said Eumundi was a jewel in the Sunshine Coast crown and the much-anticipated refurbishment of the Eumundi Terraces and outstanding upgrades to the Dick Caplick Park Playground were making the town a destination of choice for locals and tourists 365 days a year, rather than just the two market days of Wednesday and Saturday.
“As part of council’s newly endorsed Lower Order Unsealed Roads Program, $500,000 was allocated to upgrade the gravel section to sealed bitumen on Kocho Rd, Image Flat, and $1.5 million was allocated to rehabilitate and reseal roads across Division 10.
“Stevens St, Yandina received $140,000 worth of streetscape works.”
Sunshine Coast Council will deliver its 2018/19 budget on June 21.
Division 10 highlights for 2017/18 included:
- $2.1 million to replace Petrie Park Rd Bridge, Nambour
- $1.5 million to reseal and rehabiliate roads across Division 10
- $784,600 for a new car park and road works at Dulong Rd Lookout, Burnside
- $500,000 to upgrade the gravel section of Kocho Rd, Image Flat
- $490,500 to renew the Nambour Showgrounds Ring Road and drainage works
- $378,600 fto refurbish Eumundi Terraces
- $328,300 for Stage 2 of the Dick Caplick Park upgrades, Eumundi
- $242,400 for the detailed design of the Nambour Showgrounds Multi Use Facility
- $150,000 for a new community park in Matthew St, Nambour
- $151,600 for the Nambour Heritage Tramway Project
- $145,000 to renew tiling at the Nambour Aquatic Centre 25m pool