- Wednesday 26 June 2013
Eight hundred and eighty thousand dollars for a new bikeway along David Low Way, Bli Bli and $350,000 for the staged improvements to the Coolum Sports Complex are just two of the local items delivered out of Sunshine Coast Council’s $538million budget for Division 9.
Division 9 Councillor Stephen Robinson said council is focused on getting the fundamentals right; reducing debt, balancing the books, and investing in infrastructure.
“Out of the $538 million budget, $109 million has been allocated to Capital Works Program across the Coast and local Division 9 communities will appreciate a number of key projects included for delivery,” Cr Robinson said.
A selection of these projects includes:
- Coolum Beach Holiday Park - Reconfigure, level, drain and turf sites $100,000
- Muller Park, Bli Bli - Staged implementation of Masterplan $250,000
- Stumers Creek Foreshore Park, Coolum Beach - Design implementation $60,000
- Kulangoor Cemetery - Increase burial capacity $8,000
- Doonan Bridge East Road, Peregian Springs - Continue construction $720,000
- Coolum Civic Centre - Stage 1 refurbishments $200,000
- Coolum Aquatic Centre - Refurbishment/treatment of canopy structure $27,000
- Local Parks Allocation $100,000
- Local Pathways Allocation $100,000
- Maroochy Wetlands Boardwalk - Renew sections of boardwalk $514,000
- Ninderry Road, Yandina - Walking track realignment for erosion and safe walking $54,000
To find out more about what’s planned for your community, visit Council's website.