- Thursday 27 June 2013
Seven hundred and fifty thousand dollars to construct cycle lanes on Tanawha Tourist Drive and $310,000 for the staged design and work on Fishermans Road Lions Park in Maroochydore are just two of the local items delivered out of Sunshine Coast Council’s $538 million budget for Division 7.
Division 7 Councillor Ted Hungerford said council is focused on serving the community and creating a sustainable future for the region.
“This budget will continue to support our way of life by delivering important local projects through the $109 million capital works program,” Cr Hungerford said.
A selection of these projects includes:
- Staged design and work on the Maroochy Multi-sports Complex $200,000
- Stormwater quality rehabilitation at Rim Road, Buderim $91,000
- Canal rehabilitation works for Lakeshore Avenue, Buderim $30,000
- Local parks allocation $100,000
- Local pathways allocation $100,000
- Minor emergent works $75,000.
“We have had to make the tough decisions to help create a sustainable future for the region and the organisation,” Cr Hungerford said.
“We are getting the fundamentals right; reducing debt and increasing cash. Balancing the books allows us to repay our loans and invest in infrastructure for growth.”
To find out more about what’s planned for your community, visit Council's website.