- Wednesday 26 June 2013
Major infrastructure for the Maleny Community Precinct of $500,000 is just one of the items delivered out of Sunshine Coast Council’s $538 million budget for Division 5.
Division 5 Councillor Jenny McKay said delivering a sustainable council means making tough decisions and this budget is about balancing the books.
“We are getting the fundamentals right by reducing debt and increasing cash to repay our loans and investing in infrastructure for growth.
The budget for the future will also deliver:
- Russell Family Park, implementation of concept plan $350,000
- Obi Obi Creek in Maleny, boardwalk construction $235,000
- Mary Cairncross Park, design and upgrade of interpretive centre $350,000
- Mary Cairncross Scenic reserve, replace playground equipment $120,000
- Wilson Rd in Ilkley, sealing of gravel road $840,000
- Beausangs Lane in Conondale, seal gravel roadway $240,000
To find out more about what’s planned for your community, visit Council's website.