- Wednesday 19 August 2015
For the third consecutive financial year, Sunshine Coast Council has recorded development approvals with a value in excess of $1 billion.
During the April to June 2015 quarter, the estimated value of construction for building applications was $296 million, bringing the total value of approvals across the Sunshine Coast in 2014/15 to $1.18 billion.
Planning Portfolio Councillor Christian Dickson said it was encouraging to observe the steady and consistent development growth across the region.
“Council is shaping a positive future for the Sunshine Coast with our strategic approach,” Cr Dickson said.
“We are achieving this via our Planning Scheme, our investment focus on a range of game-changing projects including the SunCentral Maroochydore City Centre and Sunshine Coast Solar Farm, as well as our focus on future infrastructure requirements for a vibrant, green and diverse Sunshine Coast.
“Of particular note during the quarter, an amended agreement for the Palmview Structure Plan was finalised with the three land owners and Unitywater to ensure the necessary infrastructure to support the planned community of 16,000 residents.
“Within the Kawana Health precinct area, construction has progressed on an eight-storey multideck car parking facility with ground floor retail and commercial areas, a 90-place child care facility, a public village park as well as continuing work on the Pulse building and Best Western Hotel opposite the Sunshine Coast University Hospital.
“A number of other developments are moving ahead in the broader Kawana area with master plan applications received for the remaining developable area of Birtinya Island, construction of a new display village at Birtinya Island, progress on the duplication of Lake Kawana Boulevard and construction of a subdivision on Entrance Island.”
SIGNIFICANT DEVELOPMENTS - APRIL TO JUNE 2015:
- Lodgement of 145 Lot Subdivision at Maroochy Boulevard, Maroochydore – REC15/0102
- Lodgement of 97 Lot Subdivision at Camp Flat Road and Yandina-Bli Bli Road, Bli Bli - REC15/0072
- Lodgement of 40 Multiple Dwelling Units at 27 Verney Street, Kings Beach – MCU15/0076
- Lodgement of 37 Lot Subdivision at Parklands Boulevard, Meridan Plains - REC15/0071
- Lodgement of a Dwelling House, Dual Occupancy at 87 Wharf Road, Bli Bli - Extension to Master Plan Community and Reconfiguring of a lot into 28 lots – MCU15/0070
- Lodgement of Educational Establishment – St John’s College at 3 & 5 Hall Ct, Burnside – MCU15/0071
- Lodgement of Extension to Woolworths Shopping Centre at 18 University Way, Sippy Downs – MCU15/0085
- Lodgement of Bunnings Showroom at Barns Lane, Coolum Beach - MCU15/0099
- Approval for 50 Multiple Dwelling Units at 148-150 & 152 Stringybark Road, Buderim - MCU14/0097
- Approval for an Office and 18 Multiple Dwelling Units at 15 - 17 George Street, Maroochydore – MCU14/0203
- Approval for an Renewable Energy Facility (Solar Farm) at 909 Yandina-Coolum Road, Valdora – MCU14/0161
- Building approval for $13 million Medical Building at Eccles Boulevard, Birtinya PC15/1149
- Building approval for $13 million Multi Storey Car-park at Bright Place, Kawana - PC15/1719
- Building approval for $6 million Extension to Eden Lea Retirement Village, Buderim - PC15/0495
Quarterly Development Indicator reports up to June 30, 2015 are available on Council’s website at www.sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au.