- Last updated:
- 09 Feb 2016
Corporate Services - Property Projects and Development, Property Management Branch
I was made aware of the program through word of mouth and Facebook. Throughout my placement I was given meaningful and exciting tasks that facilitated my professional development and enhanced my future employability. Through my day to day activities I have gained:
- knowledge of the Land Act 1994
- knowledge and understanding of the Sunshine Coast Planning Scheme 2014
- understanding of the development application process
- knowledge in association with Development in accordance with the Sunshine Coast Planning Scheme
- in-depth insight into the tender application check list and marking criteria used by council
- inside knowledge of councils approvals processes and
- in depth knowledge of State Reserve land and its purpose.
Throughout my time with council I felt it was important to bring an enthusiastic and youthful perspective into the workplace. I also feel that my knowledge in all aspects of the development process have been valuable to the team as a whole.
Working with Richard, Kent, Ben, Kim and Di has helped me develop the necessary skills needed to succeed in the property industry in the near future and has formally introduced me to the world of property. My colleagues are a well of knowledge and have been happy to share their experiences and knowledge with me. My studies have given me the ability to put my theoretical knowledge to practise in a real world environment.
The program has cemented my position on my future career path in the property industry and has encouraged me to further my studies.
During my placement, I have gained invaluable knowledge and experience that one can only achieve through the Sunshine Coast Council’s, My Summer Workplace program. I would highly recommend this program to anyone wishing and willing to further their professional development.