- Last updated:
- 05 May 2022
Please complete the following form to register your booking of the Mobi-Chair Beach Wheelchair.
Please read the following and confirm that you agree to these terms in the declaration at the bottom of the form.
Use of the chairs
- Do not use the Mobi-Chair™ Beach Wheelchair during severe weather, dangerous and/or rough ocean currents and any other poor conditions.
- Do not attempt to cross rocky/uneven surfaces while the wheelchair is occupied.
- Maximum weight of the intended user is 130kg.
- Prior to use, inspect the Mobi-Chair™ Beach Wheelchair for the following:
- Tyre condition: check tyre pressure, conditions of all tyres and that quick release levers are all secure;
- Armrest condition: check armrests for any punctures and ensure screws are secure;
- Frame condition: check that the chair frame and all connecting rods are in great condition. Rods should not be bent or rusted.
- The user must be buckled up in the chair and escorted to the water by a carer.
- The carer must remain with the user in the wheelchair at all times.
- User should wear a lifejacket when entering the water.
- The carer (since these wheelchairs are not self-propelled) needs to gauge for themselves the ease with which they can push their charge from the point of pick up to the firm sand.
- It will always be advisable for two people to assist with the Mobi-Chair™ Beach Wheelchair if the person using the chair is over 60kg.
- The Mobi-Chair™ Beach Wheelchair seat has three positions; one to transition the user and two reclining positions. These are adjusted by pulling a chain on the back for use and floating.
- Extreme caution is recommended when taking the Mobi-Chair™ Beach Wheelchair into the sea and not venturing out any further than axel depth.
- The carer must check with the volunteer lifesavers on duty on the beach to see if it is safe to enter the water. If conditions are not safe then the Mobi-Chair™ Beach Wheelchair should only be used at the water’s edge within the flagged area.
- The Mobi-Chair ™ Beach Wheelchair is specifically designed for use on sand and soft soil. To prevent damage its use on paved footpaths, roads and other hard surfaces should be minimal.
- After use the Mobi-Chair™ Beach Wheelchair and life jackets must be returned to the area where they were first obtained, at least in the same condition as when they were collected. If any item (eg. Pin, buckle or protective covering) is missing or defective, this should be indicated on the sign in sheet when returning the wheelchair. Users will be liable for any damage or loss of the Mobi-Chair™ Beach Wheelchair or life jackets, or any components thereof.
- Please ensure the Mobi-Chair™ Beach Wheelchair is washed thoroughly after use to prevent damage from sand and salt and as a courtesy to the next user. This can be done at the beach showers.
- Be aware: due to winds and tidal variations, beach suitability may vary from day to day. Check on beach conditions with the lifesaver on duty.
- Always swim/enter the water between the red and yellow flags.
- Bookings are preferred. Loan of the chair should be arranged through the Mooloolaba Surf Lifesaving Club at least 24 hours in advance.
- Please ensure you have advised the Surf Lifesaving Volunteers that you have returned the wheelchair and life jackets to the original pick up point.