- Last updated:
- 07 Sep 2020
Business groups receive funding support
- 3 September 2020
Business groups and networks provide a vital resources to help support small businesses across the Sunshine Coast, so we are excited to announce that in the latest round of Community Partnership Funding Program grants, Sunshine Coast business groups received more than $112,000 to help their organisations deliver key projects. Some of the successful groups include your local chambers of commerce as well as the Food and Agribusiness Network; Maleny Visitors Information Centre; the Nambour Alliance; Silicon Coast; Sunshine Coast Chambers of Commerce Alliance. Read more.
Mooloolaba says 'I do'
- 17 September 2019Mooloolaba now has a Wedding Strategy, including a new website and magazine, with Sunshine Coast Council and Mooloolaba Chamber of Commerce hoping they can help local businesses by boosting the numbers of loved-up couples tying the knot in the region. With the average wedding costing around $35,000, before guest accommodation and spending, this is a real opportunity for Mooloolaba businesses to benefit from the 100 attendees per event.
Caloundra shopfront makeovers
- 6 September 2019Does your shopfront need a face-lift? A pilot program to help give our region a boost is underway, with up to $5000 (or 50% of costs) on offer for shopfronts to be enhanced. The pilot is open to businesses in areas along Bulcock and Centaur streets as well as parts of Tay Avenue. Other areas will be considered if the pilot proves successful.
Innovation boosts business
- 6 September 2019Local businesses that prioritise innovation increase their sales of new products and services by 20% and higher, according to the SCRIPT 2018-2019 Regional Innovation Benchmark. The report shows Sunshine Coast businesses were more likely to introduce novel, new-to-their-business innovations than their Queensland and Australian counterparts. Sunshine Coast businesses also showed a higher-than-average uptake of contemporary business practices and are significantly more likely to have an innovation strategy and an e-commerce platform.
Boosting business through events
- 6 September 2019This financial year about 60 major events will be held across the Sunshine Coast, injecting $74 million into our economy. Take advantage of the opportunities to promote your services with these top tips to help stimulate our economy. We can all contribute to encouraging visitors to spend more time in our beautiful region, to help build destination advocates that will rave to their social networks about our Sunshine Coast. Check out our events page to plan ahead!
Regional Plan delivering jobs
- 2 September 2019The region's new five-year economic plan has been launched, to continue to bolster our region’s growth, as set out under the 20-year Regional Economic Development Strategy 2013-2033 (the REDS). In the first five years of the REDS, the Sunshine Coast economy grew by $5 billion, there are now more than 23,500 additional careers in our high-value industries with more than 500 new businesses opening annually, and household incomes have increased by 25% to $1260. Under the new five-year plan, a suite of 40 economic actions will be delivered.
Bound For Success! Sunshine Coast business podcasts
- 1 September 2019At times we might dream about a life of sunshine, beaches, palm trees and coconuts, but for the Goslings, a 3am light-bulb moment a decade ago has led to the creation of COYO – the World's first coconut yoghurt. Get to know Sandra Gosling in our latest business podcast. In case you missed our earlier episodes, catch up on Bound For Success. Episodes released monthly, so subscribe!