- Last updated:
- 07 Sep 2020
Finding funding made easy
- 30 October 2019Sunshine Coast Council has partnered with Australia’s most powerful grant search engine, Grant Guru, to connect the regions businesses and community groups to more than
$35.8 billion worth of grants. The Sunshine Coast Funding Finder is a comprehensive search engine that connects you to local, state, federal and private grants - all from one easy-to-access location. Read more.
We made the Smart21 2020
- 23 October 2019The Sunshine Coast has again been named in the top 21 smartest communities in the world for 2020. The Intelligent Community Forum (ICF) announced its annual Smart21 Awards, making it the sixth time the Sunshine Coast has been recognised by the ICF in its Smart21 Awards as a global leader. Listen to our Top7 podcast episode with the ICF from this year's awards. Read more.
Grant and Funding Support
- 21 October 2019
If you want to reduce your energy spend you can apply for funding through Department of Environment and Energy for equipment upgrades that reduce energy consumption.
Invest team on world stage
- 16 October 2019The Sunshine Coast has proven it is not only the best in Australia, but is now also recognised as one of the best in the world, after winning an international economic development award in the US. The International Economic Development Council (IEDC) awarded council the Promotional Video Award for its multimedia marketing of the Sunshine Coast International Broadband Network. Read more.
Sunshine Coast in Pearcey Foundation Awards finalists
- 15 October 2019Congratulations to Sunshine Coast technology business leaders Professor Dave Lacey, Managing Director of ID Care, and Stan Kaine, CEO of Point Duty, who have both been named finalists in the Pearcey Foundation Queensland Awards, celebrating their significant impact in the ICT industry. Well done teams
Sunshine Coast proves to be best in the business
11 October 2019
Sunshine Coast business Helimods has been recognised as an outstanding export success story by securing the 2019 Premier of Queensland’s Award for Regional Exporter. Advanced Aquarium Technologies (AAT) was also a finalist at the event in the Regional Exporter Award. The local businesses joined 42 other leading exporters from across the Sunshine State last night to celebrate the products and services Queensland is sharing across the globe. Helimods will represent Queensland at the National Awards to be held in Canberra on 3 December.
Container Cafe brewing up new business
10 October 2019
A new commercial container café business on community land in Happy Valley at Bulcock Beach, Caloundra is off to a bright start. A budget was approved by council for construction and fitout of the new cafe. Hospitality experts Hiller undertook a detailed design of the new café to ensure the internal layout was suitable for a wide range of potential operators while providing enough space and equipment to run a sustainable business. Happy Turtle Café operator Chloe Donaldson said it was an exciting opportunity to establish a business with a point of difference.
Local champions recognised
- 9 October 2019Congratulations to Leigh Kelson, who has been named as a SCRIPT Entrepreneur in the Region. A serial entrepreneur, cloud computing pioneer, and media tech veteran, Leigh has founded 10 ventures over the past 30 years. We are also congratulating the Innovation Centre’s Business Development and Marketing Manager Renee Coman who was announced as one of 19 Digital Champions by the QLD Government.
Business podcast - being honest about who you really are
1 October 2019This episode we talk to Sunshine Coast Council Group Executive Jeanette Allom-Hill about her career at Microsoft and coming to the Sunshine Coast Council. Jeanette says being honest about who you are and what you are passionate about can help you land the perfect position. She reminds us to learn from every experience, and never regret. Listen to the entire series on Apple Podcasts or Android.
Submarine cable landing station ready to connect us to the world
- 26 September 2019
Providing Queensland’s first direct international data and telecommunications connection to global markets is another step closer with the completion of the cable landing station at Maroochydore. The cable landing station will house the connection point for the international submarine cable with land-side communication networks and is a vital piece of infrastructure that will help deliver much-needed diversity for Australia’s international communication needs.
Congratulations to our regional stars
- 9 October 2019Sunshine Coast brewers Your Mates brought home the Best New Brewery Award from The Beeries Awards! It has been great to watch your progress from Grow Coastal and beyond. Twelve more food and beverage businesses will have the opportunity to take part in GrowCoastal in 2020, apply before 13 December to get involved. Another Sunshine Coast company kicking goals is The Happy Snack Company which has been a staple for healthy snacks across Australia and has now extended the range to include dairy-free chocolate-coated options, thanks to an extension to their Landsborough factory. You can find the tasty nibbles on shelves at Coles and Woolworths, and they are allergen free!