- Last updated:
- 14 Sep 2022
Council is calling for expressions of interest from local businesses to participate in the Sunshine Coast Council New Zealand Business Mission 2022.
Saturday 26 Nov – Saturday 3 Dec, Christchurch, Wellington, Auckland.
Submit your expression of interest.
Our trade missions facilitate closer business relationships, foster trade, and investment, raise awareness of potential joint venture partnerships and technology transfer arrangements, and increase awareness of the extensive opportunities that exist between the two countries.
Your expression of interest does not guarantee participation, and selected participants are expected to meet their own costs. Submissions close 30 September 2022.
Benefits of attending
Join council’s business mission to New Zealand to learn more about this market. Gain the latest insights and build better business connections.
Give recognition and exposure to your products and service on a global scale with the ease of doing business in a similar market.
You will be granted access to business matching opportunities from TIQ and Austrade on the ground and connections for business-to-business platforms for trade and investment opportunities helping take your business to the next stage with deeper understanding of opportunities in the market and business culture.
This Business Mission will be led by Sunshine Coast Council in consultation with Trade & Investment Qld in NZ.
Hear from and connect with experts in various industries in NZ, including innovation & tech, food & tech hubs, med tech, advanced manufacturing, aerospace and more.
Attend site visits with leading businesses and gain a better understanding of distribution logistics and supply chain for food and beverage in NZ.
Attend the NZ National Agricultural Fieldays 2022 – the largest Agritech event in the Southern Hemisphere.
Key leaders, innovators and other local businesses who want to take this amazing opportunity to be part of the business mission across key sectors in:
- Tech, Digital Innovation & Knowledge
- Food & Agribusiness
- Aviation & Aerospace
- Advanced Manufacturing.
Eligibility criteria and guidelines
We are looking for local businesses who have products or services they want to put into the NZ market or continue building on opportunities within market.
- Must be an established business with an in-market or market ready product or service.
- Business must be located within the Sunshine Coast local government area.
- This is an expression of interest only. Up to ten businesses will be selected by a panel and will be invited to participate in the mission.
- All travel including flights, documentation, ground transfers to/from Brisbane airport, accommodation, incidentals, and insurances will be paid for by the delegate (except those outlined in the program by Sunshine Coast Council).
- You must be available to attend the mission dates from 26 Nov – 3 Dec 2022 followed by an in-person pre-departure briefing at ANZ Building, Level 3, 135 Horton Parade, Maroochydore on 18 November 2022.
- 30 September – Expression of interest closes
- 5 October – Successful businesses will be notified
- 12 October – all requirements requested by Sunshine Coast Council for the business mission - such as but not limited to; company bios and imagery, delegates details including headshot image for program booklet, provision of travel/accommodation documentation, and any other requirements pertaining to the program itinerary.
- 18 November – Pre-departure briefing will be held in Economic Development Offices.
For more information contact
Project Officer – Trade and Investment
0439 786 824