- Last updated:
- 21 Jun 2018
Council has created a fostering environment for entrepreneurship and innovation through a variety of channels:
- Collaboration is one of the most important factors to ensure entrepreneurs thrive and innovative ideas grow
- A competitive business environment is supported by a 20 year action plan and presents multiple investment opportunities and opens new avenues for business growth, development and expansion
- Innovative and creative industries in our region have formed a unique entrepreneurial ecosystem network of education programs, business incubators, co-working spaces, advocacy, events and meetups, which have developed organically across the community
- A collaborative and dynamic startup and business community is supported by a number of incubators, accelerators and business mentor providers
- Our future talent is cultivated through a variety of programs, such as Study Sunshine Coast, the Mayor Telstra Technology Awards and Generation Innovation
- A range of facilities and natural wonders is offered by the Sunshine Coast for visitors and residents to enjoy, from beautiful beaches and hinterland hideaways to state-of-the-art sporting facilitates and entertainment venues.
Council offers a range of support for local entrepreneurs and innovators, and more information can be found in the Entrepreneurship and Innovation brochure.