Information for existing businesses
  • Last updated:
  • 28 Jun 2022

Find out more information about renovating your kitchen, changing food safety supervisors or making an amendment to your licence. 

Updating your food safety supervisor

If you would like to notify council of changes to your food safety supervisor you can complete the food safety supervisor notification form (DOCX, 249KB) and return to You can also use this form to remove food safety supervisors who no longer work in your business.

Licence withdrawals 

If you are no longer trading you can email council to advise that you no longer require a food business licence. 

Licence refunds

If you have ceased trading you can apply for a refund of the pro-rata amount of your food business licence application. You need to complete the refund request form and provide proof of the original payment (e.g. transaction summary or where it appears on your bank statement). 

You can email us at

Renovations or extensions

If you are planning on making significant modifications to your existing food business you may require a food business plan application. Examples of significant modifications include relocating or installing new basins, exhaust canopy, tandoori oven or smoker/BBQ.

If you require a plan assessment you will need to complete a plan assessment application (DOCX, 257KB). 

Take advantage of shorter processing times by lodging your plan assessment online

Find out more about construction standards for food businesses.

Want to find out more?

Council has developed the food business licence FAQs[328KB].

Resources are also available on LG Toolbox website.