- Last updated:
- 17 Jun 2020
Many businesses are having to change the way they do business, with more outlets going online, using video for meetings and offering delivery. There are many new skills businesses owners and staff are having to learn quickly and many situations such as new HR and financial situations some business owners have not had to deal with before.
We have compiled a list of useful online conferencing platforms, teleconferencing options, local IT support providers and digital health solutions to assist you to get through these digital changes.
CCIQ has also compiled a guide to help you manage your workforce during the pandemic. It covers your obligations as an employer, how to work from home, scaling down or shutting down as well as FAQs and more.
The latest edition of My Weekly Preview has a dedicated section containing business resources and advice. View the Business Support Edition.
Below are some additional useful resources to help you and your staff up-skill, save time and assist you to get back to work or start your business recovery as soon as possible.
If you know of other resources, or would like to be added to the list of local IT support providers, please let us know.
Take a look at the new blogs on Level Up, Councils free digital upskilling platform which helps you navigate working from home. Learn how to choose the right technology, engage and support your people, facilitate team collaboration, and more.
The Government has asked as many of us that can, to now work from home. For many organisations this will be the first time the majority or all of their staff are working remotely so now might be a good time for you to check out the government's Be Connected Network.
Google has a new web page to assist businesses during COVID-19, check it out
Work from Home Tools
- The US Chamber - reccommendations for a wide range of tech tools including chat and messaging, video conferencing, project management and more.
- Future Learn has collated useful tools to help you and your staff work remotely. Take a look.
- Queensland Government advice for businesses with employees working from home.
- How to improve remote working for employers and employees from the Australian Information Industry Association.
- Learn how to improve remote team communication.
- Create secure passwords and ensure they are up to date.
- To keep your information safe when using public WiFi, only visit sites that are encrypted. Find out more.
- Ensure that your antivirus is up to date.
- Consider email encryption such as Mimecast for Microsoft Exchange.
Create Digital Courses
Share your skills online by creating your own digital course. Take a look at the best 20 online course creator software available this year.
CCIQ has gathered together some useful workplace policies and templates to save you time on writing your own or searching around for the best ones.
- TAFE Qld has a new free webinar series for businesses, covering topics such as managing cash flow, planning and strategies and they are also offering panel mentoring sessions.
- CCIQ has a host of on-demand webinars to support small business through the impacts of COVD-19.
- The Queensland Government has a series of business webinars covering essentail tips for business education.
- Leading Through COVID-19: How Your Business Can Respond by Gartner.
- BDO's COVID-19 webinar series contains a range of helpful recorded webinars with suggestions for navigating COVID-19 and business.
- ATO's free small business webinars.
Free online workshops courses and workbooks
- If you are a woman and your work has been impact by COVID-19, you can join the free She Pivots course to up-skill and find a new career trajectory.
- The Google Digital Garage contains a suite of resources with flexible, personalised training courses designed to build your confidence and help you thrive in an increasingly digital world.
- Digital skills and doing business on Facebook training via Facebook's Boost program.
- If you are a business still open to the public then you can do this free COVID-19 infection control course.
- If you or your employees are working remote or have some additional time available to them you might want to use it to gain some additional skills. LinkedIn is offering some free online courses that might help you with remote working.
- Some universities are also offering free online courses such as Griffith University and Open Universities so you can up-skill from home.
- FutureLearn has many great free courses you can do online, such as how to teach online, tackling COVID-19, collaborative working in remote teams, computer coding for everyone, decision making, creating a professional online presence and many more. These courses are offered by the likes of Leeds University and Institute of Coding. Find out more.
- These Coursera classes for businesses are being extended during the outbreak.
- The UN has some COVID-19 online training courses.
- Physiotherapy courses to help in the pandemic, or you can learn maths or update your PhotoShop skills.
- Then there are some fun online classes, such as, cooking, yoga, language, coding and so much more.
- Deloitte's COVID-19 Small Business Roadmap for Recovery & Beyond Workbook.
Want some tips on how to have an online shop for your e-commerce? Read this helpful guide by Meltwater.