- Last updated:
- 07 Sep 2022
There are a range of support options available from government. This page contains key information from each government level to assist you and your business.
Financial Support Information
- Small Business Financial Counselling Service - help sourcing funding and business support, including:
- understanding finances
- debt support
- accessing government assistance, including grants and funding
- expert financial, legal or human resource advice.
Emergency business hotlines
- Australian Government Business Hotline - 13 28 46
- Queensland Government Small Business Hotline - 1300 654 687
- Australian Taxation Office Emergency Hotline - 1800 806 218
- Queensland Small Business Commissioner - 1300 312 344
- Centrelink Hotline 13 74 68
Vist QLD Health
- The Coronavirus business support line is available between 8am-8pm, Monday to Friday. The number to call is 13 28 46.
- Coronavirus Business Liaison Unit provides updates to government on crucial issues.
The Continuing your Business Guide is designed to keep your business operating. View the guide here.
Visit the Australian Government business website for more information and support.
JobTrainer - training for school leavers and job seekers that will help them develop new skills in growing job sectors.
New Business Assistance with NEIS- learn more.
Below is a list of key support available from the Queensland Government.
Start here first
Small business hotline - local teams are ready to talk you through the support and services on offer – call 1300 654 687 to find out more.
Business assistance finder - Use the Queensland Government Coronavirus (COVID-19) Business Assistance Finder to learn what support you may be eligible for. Current Queensland Government financial support information can be found on the Business Queensland website.
Subsidised training and incentives.
Small business financial counselling services - The Rural Financial Counselling Service has been expanded to support any small business impacted by COVID-19 and is funded by grants from government to local organisations that employ financial counsellors. Any small business impacted by COVID-19 can contact the Small Business Financial Counselling Service Southern Queensland on (07) 4622 5500.
Mentoring sessions - mentors are available to provide tailored support including financial mentoring and business planning. Register here.
COVID Safe Business guidance and practices
The information below contains support options available from Sunshine Coast Council.
Ongoing business support
- Wellbeing support - Business owners and employees can log in to the free B-Well and Prosper portal available via the council's website to provide mental wellbeing support. For further support, please call Lifeline on 13 11 14. It is a national charity providing all Australians experiencing a personal crisis with access to 24-hour crisis support and suicide prevention services.
- Funding finder - Businesses can log on to Sunshine Coast Funding Finder to see what grants are available to support you.
- Free online courses - If you or your employees want to update your online skills you can access a free online course - Level Up
- 5475 7272
Signage for Street Performers
Signage has been developed which will assist buskers and street performers to advise the public that they accept cashless payment. Download a copy of the sign .