- Last updated:
- 23 Dec 2020
Emergency business hotlines
- Australian Government Business Hotline - 13 28 46
- Queensland Government Small Business Hotline - 1300 654 687
- Australian Taxation Office Emergency Hotline - 1800 806 218
- Centrelink Hotline - 13 74 68
Download the Coronavirus Australia app.
- The Coronavirus business support line is available between 8am-8pm, seven days a week. The number to call is 13 28 46.
- Coronavirus Business Liaison Unit provides updates to government on crucial issues.
The Continuing your Business Guide is designed to keep your business operating. View the guide here.
Visit the Australian Government business website for more information and support.
JobTrainer - training for school leavers and job seekers that will help them develop new skills in growing job sectors.
JobKeeper - subsidy for businesses affected by COVID-19. This payment will end on 28 March 2021.
Mandatory Code of Conduct for Commercial Tenancies.
New business assistance - more information.
Economic stimulus package
- Boosting cash flow for employers to keep staff - More information.
- Apprentices and trainees - More information.
- Temporary relief bankruptcy - More information.
- Increasing instant asset write-off - More information.
- Tax relief - email COVID-19Taxissues@ato.gov.au
- Backing business investment - More information.
Below is a list of key support available from the Queensland Government.
Start here first
Call for advice - local teams are ready to talk you through the support and services on offer – call 1300 654 687 to find out more.
Business assistance finder - Use the Queensland Government Coronavirus (COVID-19) Business Assistance Finder to learn what support you may be eligible for. Current Queensland Government financial support information can be found on the Business Queensland website business.qld.gov.au or by calling the Small Business Hotline on 1300 654 687.
Complete the online survey to help the government understand the impact of COVID-19 on your business and assess what support you need.
Read the Queensland Government support package overview.
Department of State Development, Manufacturing, Infrastructure and Planning has compiled a useful factsheet of assistance available to you from far and wide.
Subsidised training and incentives.
Free online training for small businesses and employees including, digital skills and adapting to change. More information.
$400 million in land tax relief and payment deferrals for commercial and residential property owners. Apply here.
Queensland job seekers can register their details, skills and location via the Jobs Finder Queensland portal and access free online training. Access the online portal.
Small business financial counselling services - The Rural Financial Counselling Service has been expanded to support any small business impacted by COVID-19 and is funded by grants from government to local organisations that employ financial counsellors. Any small business impacted by COVID-19 can now contact the Small Business Financial Counselling Service Southern Queensland on (07) 4622 5500.
Mentoring sessions - mentors are available to provide tailored support including financial mentoring and business planning. Register at the website.
Financial workshops - workshops will be delivered to support a place-based approach for small businesses. Register here.
Rent relief - for small businesses who rent premises from the Queensland Government. A new online rental hub covid19.qld.gov.au/the-hub has information and resources to help tenants, property owners and agents.
Queensland legal practitioners able to use video conferencing technology to conduct a range of transactions that usually require face-to-face meetings. The making of documents such as wills, general powers of attorney, enduring powers of attorney, advance health directives, statutory declarations, deeds and many other types of documents are also available under the modified arrangements. Visit Business Queensland for further small business support.
Small business adaption grant program - apply for grants aimed at small and micro businesses. Up to $10,000 in funding available per eligible business.
COVID Safe Business guidance and practices
COVID Safe Training links from the Queensland Government.
The Queensland Government is extending support for tourism operators conducting commercial activities in national parks under its Immediate Recovery Package.
The information below contains support options available from Sunshine Coast Council.
Economic Resurgence Plan
The focus of all economic intervention and support outlined in the Sunshine Coast Council Economic Resurgence Plan is to stimulate economic activity in the region. The actions in the plan aim to return the regional economy to the level of economic growth experienced in 2019/2020. View the plan.
Ongoing business support
- Wellbeing support - Business owners and employees can log in to the free B-Well and Prosper portal available via the council's website to provide mental wellbeing support during this difficult time. For further support, please call Lifeline on 13 11 14. It is a national charity providing all Australians experiencing a personal crisis with access to 24-hour crisis support and suicide prevention services.
- Funding finder - Businesses can also log on to Sunshine Coast Funding Finder to see what grants are available to support you.
- Free online courses - Many businesses are having to change the way they do business, with more outlets going online, using video for meetings and offering delivery. If you or your employees want to update your online skills you can access a free online course - Level Up.
- Remote-working support - We have released a new Level-Up blog post to support you in working remotely - Survive and Thrive: Working Remotely Guide for Employers. There are also two new blog posts, How to sell Online and Get your sales Soaring.
- Professional advice support program - provides businesses with up to one hour of free advice in the following categories: Accounting and insolvency, human resources and legal services.
Signage for Street Performers
Signage has been developed which will assist buskers and street performers to advise the public that they accept cashless payment. Download a copy of the sign .