- Last updated:
- 10 Jan 2019
Apply under the Sports, Recreation and Healthy Living category for projects and programs that encourage the development of initiatives that promote participation in sport and recreational pursuits.
- If your project is for an infrastructure project involving the development or enhancement of a community facility (building or land) your application should be submitted in the Community Facilities category.
- If your application is for an event, please apply under the Community Events category.
Address one or more of the following:
- contribute to building healthy and active communities
- provide physical activity initiatives or opportunities
- improve the sustainability of sport and recreation clubs
- engage a broad spectrum of the community
- provide access for all abilities
- provide benefit to multiple user groups.
Major grant applicants are strongly encouraged to discuss their project with a council Sport & Recreation Officer from the Sports Planning and Development team prior to submitting their application. Contact a grants officer for more information.
Some relevant corporate documents include:
- Sunshine Coast Sport and Active Recreation Plan
- Sunshine Coast Aquatic Plan
- Sunshine Coast Wellbeing Charter
Major grant funding requests for sport and recreation projects should be in line with the Sunshine Coast Sport and Active Recreation Plan and should be supported by appropriate documentation such as feasibility studies, master plans, business/development plans, and, where applicable, the priorities of the relevant regional or state sporting body.
Project: Series of training boot camps to improve skills of members and recruit new members
Total project cost: $6,500
Council grant request: $2,600
|Income (Sample Only)||$||Expenditure (Sample Only)||$|
|Council grant||2,600||Venue hire||2,100|
|Volunteer program coordinator (50 hours @ $30)||1,500||Program Coordinator (in kind)||1,500|
|Own funds||1,250||Coaches fees||1,400|
|Discount from equipment supplier||250||Equipment||1,000|