Memorials and Plaques
Council recognises the importance of memorials in celebrating the region’s:
Council assesses requests based on significance to the community where the memorial is proposed to be located. This helps council to manage the high number of requests received each year.
Council is committed to:
- enhancing an appreciation of the region's history and culture
- honouring people and who have contributed significantly to the community
- honouring significant events and places
- managing requests and offers of gifts for memorials
- ensuring memorials are well maintained
- fostering partnerships in the community to ensure respect for memorials.
To meets these aims, council has developed the Memorials and Plaques Policy.
To apply for a memorial or plaque, read council's:
All applicants must submit an application form:
Applications are assessed on the:
- suitability and availability of the proposed location
- demonstrated significance of the memorial to that location.
The Public Art Officer is involved in the assessment of memorials with an art component.
Submit completed applications via:
Memorials and Plaques Application
Sunshine Coast Council
Locked Bag 72
Sunshine Coast Mail Centre Qld 4560
For more information, contact the Team Leader Community Connections via council's customer service centre.