Memorials and Plaques
Council recognises the importance of memorials in celebrating the region's history, culture, environment, people, organisations and events.
If you wish to apply for a memorial or plaque, please read council's Memorials and Plaques Guidelines [PDF 120KB].
All applicants must submit an application form:
Applications are assessed on the suitability and availability of the proposed location and the significance of the memorial subject to that location.
In the case of memorials with an art component, the Public Art Officer will be involved in the assessment process.
Submit completed applications via:
Memorials and Plaques Application - CU21
Sunshine Coast Council
Locked Bag 72
Sunshine Coast Mail Centre Qld 4560
Council is committed to:
- maintaining and enhancing an awareness and appreciation of the region's diversity, culture, environment, heritage and creativity as expressed through memorials
- commemorating and honouring people and organisations who have contributed significantly to the community
- commemorating significant events and places
- effectively managing public enquiries, requests and offers of gifts about memorials
- ensuring that memorials are well maintained
- ensuring an integrated council approach to the construction of memorials in the region
- fostering partnerships in the community to ensure respect for memorials.
To ensure it meets these aims, council has developed the Memorials and Plaques Policy.
For more information, contact the Community and Cultural Programs Project Officer via council's customer service centre.