Flexilink Trial Services
Flexilink is an on-demand bus service that provides links with existing public transport services. Flexilink operates in areas with limited public transport.
Service details, timetables and route maps
Changes to bus network – 25 November 2013
Due to the new Sunshine Coast bus network that began on 25 November 2013, some bus connections to Flexilink services have changed. Please check your new connection times before travelling. No changes are expected to be made to the Flexilink services times.
Kenilworth to Mapleton
From Monday 5 August 2013:
- The Kenilworth to Mapleton Flexilink service will no longer connect with the Hinterland Connect bus service on Saturdays or public holidays.
- The Hinterland Connect bus service will not operate on a Saturday.
- Flexilink will still operate as a service to Mapleton if booked.
- The service will connect with the Maleny to Nambour Hinterland Connect bus service on Monday to Friday only.
What are Flexilink services?
Flexilink provides cheap, safe, reliable and accessible public transport to people with fewer transport options. The services:
- operate on a pre-booked basis
- run three return trips per day, Monday to Saturday
- in most cases, connect with existing public transport services for onward journeys
- travel along a chosen route (people using the Flexilink service must meet the vehicle along this route).
- use a taxi in place of a bus.
The Flexilink trial services are funded by council's Public Transport Levy.
The services reduce the need for single occupancy car use. The more public transport options that are available on the Sunshine Coast the less people will need to use their cars.
How to book
- To book a Flexilink service phone 1300 511 163.
- You must book your seat two hours ahead of departure.
- For the Conondale via Witta to Maleny and Peachester to Beerwah services, you must book by 9.00 pm the night before the first morning services.
- If there are no bookings a vehicle will not be sent.
- If you require a wheelchair accessible vehicle, advise the operator when you book.
The following transport cards are not valid on the Flexilink Sunshine Coast services:
- School Transport Assistance Scheme (STAS)
- TransLink go cards.
To book a Flexilink service call 1300 511 163.
If you would like to provide feedback on any of the Flexilink services, email
or telephone council on (07) 5475 7272.
Find out more about the background to the Flexilink services.
Please note: This webpage contains documents that are in PDF format only. If you would like to receive a copy of any of these documents in another format, please contact council's customer service centre.