Flexilink Trial Services
Flexilink is a pre-booked scheduled service that provides links with existing public transport services. Flexilink operates in areas with limited public transport
Service details, timetables and route maps
Due to insufficient passenger numbers during the Kenilworth to Mapleton Flexilink trial services ended on 1 August 2015.
Council monitored the number of passengers using the service during the trial and reviewed customer feedback.
The Kenilworth to Mapleton trial service has had more than 3800 passengers over five years. The service was used approximately 60 times per month. Only four patrons used the service regularly (more than once per week) in the past year. 57% of all passengers used the service fewer than five times over the past year.
Council promoted the service during the trial and significant community engagement was done in 2012. The community were encouraged to use the service to keep it running. Council extended the service several times so residents could demonstrate a need for this service. The low passenger numbers mean it is not practical for council to continue the service.
What are Flexilink services?
Flexilink provides cheap, safe, reliable and accessible public transport to people with fewer transport options. The services:
- operate on a pre-booked basis
- run three return trips per day, Monday to Saturday
- in most cases, connect with existing public transport services for onward journeys
- travel along a chosen route (people using the Flexilink service must meet the vehicle along this route).
- use a taxi in place of a bus.
The Flexilink trial services are funded by council's Public Transport Levy.
The services reduce the need for single passenger car use. More public transport options available on the Sunshine Coast mean less people need to use their cars. This helps council work towards a sustainable environment.
How to book
- To book a Flexilink service phone 1300 511 163 and mention that you wish to book a Flexilink service.
- You must book your seat two hours ahead of departure.
- For the Conondale via Witta to Maleny and Peachester to Beerwah services, you must book by 9.00 pm the night before the first morning services.
- If there are no bookings a vehicle will not be sent.
- If you require a wheelchair accessible vehicle, advise the operator when you book.
The following transport cards are not valid on the Flexilink Sunshine Coast services:
- School Transport Assistance Scheme (STAS)
- TransLink go cards.
To book a Flexilink service call 1300 511 163.
If you would like to provide feedback on any of the Flexilink services, email
or telephone council on (07) 5475 7272.
Find out more about the background to the Flexilink services.
Please note: This webpage contains documents that are in PDF format only. If you would like to receive a copy of any of these documents in another format, please contact council's customer service centre.