Flexilink Trial Services
The Flexilink services are an on-demand bus service aimed at providing better transport connections with existing public transport services in areas with limited public transport options.
Service details, timetables and route maps
New trial service - Lake Macdonald to Cooroy
As a result of positive community support, council implemented a trial service between Lake Macdonald and Cooroy on 2 April 2013, which will run until 30 June 2013. Any extension of the trial beyond this date will depend on suitable funding and demand for the service, including passenger numbers.
What are Flexilink services?
The Flexilink trial services aim to provide affordable, safe, reliable and accessible public transport to communities with fewer alternative transport options. The services:
- operate on a pre-booked basis
- run three return trips per day, Monday to Saturday
- in most cases, connect with existing scheduled public transport services for onward journeys
- travel along a designated route (commuters will be required to meet the vehicle along this route to use the service)
- uses a Suncoast Cabs vehicle in place of a bus.
The Flexilink trial services are another congestion-busting initiative of council's Public Transport Levy.
The services reduce the need for single occupancy car use. The more public transport options that are available on the Sunshine Coast the less people will need to use their cars, which will help households to reduce their carbon footprint and overall vehicle emissions.
How to book
- To book a Flexilink service phone 1300 511 163.
- You must book your seat two hours ahead of departure.
- For the Conondale via Witta to Maleny and Peachester to Beerwah services, you must book by 9.00 pm the night before the first morning services.
- If there are no bookings, a vehicle will not be dispatched.
- If you require a wheelchair accessible vehicle, please advise the operator at the time of booking.
The following transport cards are not valid on the Flexilink Sunshine Coast services:
- School Transport Assistance Scheme (STAS)
- TransLink go cards.
To book a Flexilink service call 1300 511 163.
If you would like to provide feedback on any of the Flexilink services, email your comments to:
or telephone council on (07) 5474 7272.
Find out more about the background to the Flexilink services.
Please note: This webpage contains documents that are in PDF format only. If you would like to receive a copy of any of these documents in another format, please contact council's customer service centre.