Mayor - Cr Mark Jamieson
Representing the whole of the Sunshine Coast. View regional boundary map [PDF 2.2MB]
Mayor Jamieson's office is located in the Eddie DeVere Building on the corner of Currie and Bury Streets, Nambour.
Phone: (07) 5441 8242
Fax: (07) 5475 7277
For after hours emergencies contact council's customer service centre.
More than two years into his term as the Mayor of the Sunshine Coast, Mark Jamieson is well on the way to delivering on his promise to take the region in a new direction.
Cr Jamieson was elected to create the right conditions for jobs while protecting the region’s great lifestyle – and that’s what he’s doing.
Investors have given a vote of confidence in the region. Hundreds of millions of dollars have been committed to major projects in the coming months and years.
Council has worked hard to add value to the projects already underway. This is obvious in council’s efforts to provide locals a pathway for work and supply on the Kawana health hub.
Existing businesses have been supported and new businesses have been attracted to the Sunshine Coast. This has increased the range of careers in the region.
Steps have been taken towards the realisation of council’s ‘game changing’ projects.
The new planning scheme is nearing completion.This will encourage investment and protect our environment.
There is a long way to go, but confidence is building in the region. Mayor Jamieson is keen to see that continue.
The Mayor has enjoyed an extensive career in senior leadership roles, with strategic and operational responsibilities for:
- customer satisfactionstaff development
- business performance and expansion
- shareholder growth.
The Mayor has a proven track record of successful business expansion and a demonstrated capacity to grow and develop himself and those around him. He has also been actively involved in ensuring his companies not only ‘do well’ but ‘do good’.
2008 - Executive Leadership Program, Harvard University, Cambridge USA
1990 To 1995 - Completed Bachelor of Business in distinction with double majors in Marketing and Human Resources Management at the University of Southern Queensland (Toowoomba)
To build a united team at council that:
- delivers a robust economy
- creates jobs
- provides value for the community by delivering quality leadership and services.
- Beacon Foundation
- Kenilworth Hall, Show and Recreation Ground Assoc Inc.
- Kenilworth Historical Society
- The Friendship Force Of The Sunshine Coast Inc.
- Maleny Show
- Maroochydore Surf Life Saving Club Inc. (Vice President)
- Surf Life Saving Sunshine Coast
- Sunshine Coast Sports Federation (Co-Patron)
- Sunshine Coast Hockey Association
- Chair, Local Disaster Management Group
- Fellow, Australian Institute of Management
- Member, Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Member, Brisbane Racing Club
- Member, Real Estate Institute of Queensland
- Member, Rotary Clubs of Hervey Bay, Toowoomba East and Rockhampton Sunrise
- Member, CareFlight Group
Please note: This webpage contains documents that are in PDF format only. If you would like to receive a copy of any of these documents in another format, please contact council's customer service centre.